- What an incredible book to teach children about emotions and a brilliant way to teach children how to let go of stressful things that are bothering them. It can teach children that their emotions are theirs and are there for a purpose. As you breathe out you fill a balloon in your imagination with what emotion you need to let go of. It is up to them to decide what needs to go in the balloon. Balloons of different colors represent daily emotions are blown up with all the unwanted issues and sent up and away. It is like clearing one’s conscious of what is weighing us down and holding us back. Great book!
- Written by: Debbie
- I was given this book in exchange for a review.
Float: A Guide to Letting Go
seeks to encourage children to process their emotions gently and in a way that allows them purposeful ownership of what they think and how they feel. It will aid them in identifying the root of their feelings, help them to examine their reactions to emotions and decide for themselves what they may be ready to release. The thoughtful use of color and symbols, and the guided practice of breathwork, encourages readers to maintain a broad focus as they become more grounded and aware. The playful rhyme dances with readers as they grow on their journey to the present, where they are beautifully set free.
Readers will enjoy:
– Learning how to identify and examine emotions
– Understanding how to release unwanted thoughts and feelings
– Permission to acknowledge, accept, feel and heal in a unique way
“Aimee Ruland’s book, Float, is a masterpiece of creativity where the intangible becomes relatable, fun and beautifully depicted. Teaching children mindfulness, kindness and intention regarding their feelings might just be the most important lesson we can teach them. This book belongs on the shelf of every child–or anyone who has ever been a child.”
–Stephanie Wharton, M.Ed., INHC
“What a beautiful message for children of all ages! A brilliant example of emotions and feelings that may be difficult for children to define with words. Float is the perfect story to help a child’s mind and body unwind at the end of the day. I found myself thinking about the message long after reading the story.”
–Tanya Swanson, kindergarten teacher
“Beautiful, soothing words to comfort children and guide them in using imagery to help deal with the weight of daily emotions.”
–Susan E. Slater, children’s librarian
“Float does a great job blending imagery to relate to feelings of young children. The colors of the balloons are neatly tied into each feeling discussed in the book. The strategies are appropriate, simple and thought provoking. A great read!”
–Matthew Menard, M.S., M.Ed., LPC
“Aimee Ruland is the Dr. Seuss of children’s therapy books. My seven-year-old loves the book, and so do I.”
–Jeffrey Barkstrom, LAC
From the Growing with Love Series at Loving Healing Press www.LHPress.com
Available to buy from…
Amazon.com Amazon.co.uk Barnes and Noble GPlay Paperback Hardcover Audible
Also available in audio format!
Amazon Audible Apple
About the Author
Aimee L. Ruland is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh, with degree concentrations in Psychology and Philosophy. She is an Applied Metapsychology facilitator, Certified Yoga Instructor, Usui Reiki practitioner, Access Bars practitioner, meditation guide, and mother.
She holds an affinity with birds of prey, studies in quantum mechanics, and sculpting with her daughter.
You can also follow the author here…
Website Goodreads Amazon Author Page Audible Author Page
Follow the Book Tour
I have volunteered to share my review and all the opinions are 100% my own.
NOW FOR THE AUTHOR’S GIVEAWAY !!
Win $25 Amazon.com Giftcard or Paypal Cash
Ending on Sunday 1st December at 11.59pm EST
Enter Below & Good Luck !!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Are you a book reviewer or book blogger? Join our book tours reviewers team – Apply Here
Current book tours open for sign ups HERE
FLOAT: A Guide to Letting Go by Aimee L Ruland (Author), Carl R Anderson (Illustrator) Giveaway: Win $25 Amazon GC or Paypal Cash (winners choice) – open Worldwide